On this page find information about events, reviews, interviews and articles related to Maternal Instinct, by Rebecca Bowyer.
“If you liked Vox, you’ll love this… Amazing debut by Rebecca Bowyer.” ~ Emily-Jane Clark, best-selling author of Sleep is for the Weak.
“Fans of The Handmaid’s Tale will be instantly hooked by Rebecca Bowyer’s controversial take on what happens when you say goodbye to the bonds and obligations of the family unit as we currently know it. As terrifying as it is important, Maternal Instinct asks questions about humanity’s final destination if we continue down society’s current path of no real support for working parents.” ~ Virginia Franken, author of Life After Coffee
“It’s a cracking good read about upholding the rules, until time shows you that maybe the rules aren’t right in the first place. This is feminist dystopian fiction at its finest, set in a not-too-distant future that is not at all difficult to envisage. Settle in, because you won’t be putting it down any time soon!” ~ Amy Wakley-Ahearn, Handbagmafia
“A gripping page-turner that had me hooked from the outset, Maternal Instinct serves up a disturbing, dystopian Australian society that is not at all far-fetched in the context of our current climate. Rebecca Bowyer weaves a rich tale of family, societal expectations, sacrifices made in the fight for the greater good, and the overwhelming power of a mother’s love. An incredible debut novel by an author with a bright future ⭐⭐⭐⭐.” ~ Rachel McDougall, Crystal Clear Communications
“It’s a story of human nature, parental instincts, and immense personal strength.” ~ Kathryn Graham on Instagram (14 June 2019)
More online reviews of Maternal Instinct:
- “A very well written novel, that I hope many people will enjoy…”, Ashleigh Meikle, The Book Muse (7 October 2019)
- Rebecca Bowyer, story addict (Last Word of the Week), Clare Rhoden (25 October 2019)
- Giveaway and interview with Rebecca Bowyer, author of Maternal Instinct, Carpe Librum (13 September 2019)
- Pursuing Self-Publishing: Writer Talks with Rebecca Bowyer, Nadia L. King (11 September 2019)
- September TBR and Hogwarts House Battles, Erratic Project Junkie (3 September 2019)
- Upcoming Book Releases (August to October), Aussie Speculative Fiction (5 August 2019)
- June Reading Round Up 2019, The Book Muse (3 July 2019)
- “The Thoroughly Depressing Job of Editing Your Very First First Draft”, by Rebecca Bowyer, Ripen the Page literary magazine (July 2016)
No events are currently scheduled. To invite Rebecca Bowyer to your event, email email@example.com.
Fri 11 October 2019 – Maternal Instinct book launch
- 5.30-7.00pm, Ringwood, Victoria
- Entry is free, light refreshments provided, kids more than welcome! Get all the details over at Eventbrite.
Sat 19 October 2019 – Mornington Peninsula & Frankston Writers & Book Festival
- book signing 10am – 4pm
- Check the festival website for full schedule and ticketing details
Sun 22 September 2019 – Bendi-Con
(10am – 4pm, Bendigo Exhibition Centre, Prince of Wales Showground)
- book signing between 1.30pm – 3.00pm at the Aussie Speculative Fiction booth
- book sales available 10am – 4pm at the Aussie Speculative Fiction booth
- Bendi-Con is a great day out for all the family!
Sat 5 & Sun 6 October 2019 – Conflux 15
Canberra’s annual speculative fiction convention
- Rebecca will be speaking on these panels:
- Hidden Stereotypes: Which should we break free from and which should we embrace? – 11.30am Saturday
- Writing what you don’t know: Breathing real life into the speculative – 2.30pm Saturday
- SF as a social commentary: The rise in social science fiction – 2.30pm Sunday
- Meet the author session:
- 1.30pm Saturday